The purpose of this technical sanitary standard is to establish:
- Good Manufacturing Practices for food processing plants;
- Requirements to be met by the processes of manufacturing, production, processing, preparation, packaging, packing, assembly, transportation, storage, importation, distribution and commercialization of processed foods for human consumption.
- Requirements for registration, re-registration and modification of the sanitary notification of domestic and foreign processed foods.
- Requirements for registration of certificates of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Requirements for the Certificate of Free Sale.